Friday, June 19, 2009

So it didn’t occur to me that I could keep blogging even after returning to the US, but several people have made the suggestion. Last night I spent a few hours teaching myself how to use iMovie, and today it was GarageBand. Both programs are new to me and seemed much more complicated before I went to Malawi; this time around they just make so much sense.

Editing all this material down is no joke. In one month, we interviewed 19 individuals, 9 families, and four groups/clubs, and interviews often consisted of initials and follow-ups and lasted at least hour long, usually in two languages. We also recorded sounds and video at several schools. That’s audio. As for photography, Arichie, several participants, and I took pictures with my camera and I think about 14 people were given disposables. So you can imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment